Half Day Guided Tour - Orkney Through the Ages
Discover the Tour that Takes you Back 5000 Years Until Modern Day. This tour is a great way to visit the main sites in Orkney in around 5 hours. Ideal if you are on a day trip or a cruise ship and you want to see some of the main highlights of the island. You will be given commentary while driving around Orkney's beautiful scenery and tell you about local customs and traditions of the islands.
This tour takes you through the Heart of Neolithic Orkney visiting some of the most spectacular archaeological sites in the UK and then a coastal drive with panoramic views of the beautiful Scapa Flow to discover Orkney's wartime history with a stop at the Italian Chapel. We also visit Orkney's main town of Kirkwall to see St Magnus Cathedral, built while Orkney was under Norse rule. This tour can also be tailored to suit you so please get in touch for more info.
Base Price - £300
Plus £20 per person (entry fee's)
- Standing Stones of Stenness - The smaller of two stone circles we will visit today, a beautiful monument built around 3100BC.
- Ring of Brodgar - Stone circle and henge monument estimated to be around 5, 000 years old. Originally made up of 60 standing stones 27 remain standing today.
- Skara Brae- 5000 year old stone-age village, discovered in 1850 when a great storm blew away a sand dune to reveal the village beneath. (optional visit and guided tour of Skaill House, one of Orkney's finest manor houses) Refreshment stop at the Skara Brae cafe.
- Scapa Flow - Stunning scenic views across this famous stretch of water used by the Royal Navy during both World Wars.
- Italian Chapel - a fantastic little treasure within the Orkney Islands built by Italian Prisoner.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours
2014 Peugeot Partner Tepee, clean, comfortable, spacious vehicle, air conditioned
8 seat minibus. Either Peugeot Expert Tepee or Citroen Dispatch
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
- Other: Complimentary Water
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks